|about 2 weeks ago, at 36 weeks|
notice the moon is gone!
(wall has been primed, not yet painted)
Dr. D basically told me that I would be induced at about 38 weeks no matter what, just because I have diabetes, and that there was no way they would let me get to 39 weeks, let alone even closer to 40. His reasoning was basically that with all the issues/complication that could occur, it was safer and then he inferred that something would happen. This was the only time that I had met this doctor, he knows nothing about me, other than I am diabetic, and he is basing all his words and information on that one point - on diabetes. Even when I brought up my conversations with other doctors, he ignored my points and said he "would have to talk to Dr. So-and-So." As I am prone to do when I am frustrated with people who I feel like have power over me, I started to cry. While embarrassing, I think this threw him for a loop and he ended up agreeing with my plan to wait as long as was possible/safe.
Well, time has now passed and even though we are still working on the nursery (painting) and have yet to get any furniture for it, baby time is just about here! Last week at my NST, a doctor that I really like said that nothing is going on with me yet as far as labor, but all my tests and everything are great. He scheduled an induction for my 39th week (just so happened that the best date is June 5th, the day I hit 39 weeks), so if I don't go into labor before dinnertime, June 4th, and everything on that day goes to plan, baby will arrive on June 5th. One week from tomorrow. And now I will have another minor mental-freak-out and then will get back to all the work/prep we have to do. Me and baby will show our faces to the DOC soon!